1. How do I apply?
Ask your film teacher for a copy of the JDogg application form, or download the form from the Northwest High School Film Festival website. Complete the form (electronically), provide requested attachments, and send to the JDogg Film Scholarship committee at:
Email: Justin.Memorial at gmail.com
Here is the process:
- Student enters his/her film(s) in the Northwest High School Film Festival (NWHSFF).
- Film/video production teachers in the schools which participate in the NWHSFF encourage students who they believe will qualify to submit an application for the scholarship.
- Student submits scholarship application & supporting documents no later than the week following the deadline for their film submission to NWHFF. Applications are submitted to the scholarship committee, as indicated above.
- NWHSFF judges view submissions and recommend finalist(s) to the JDogg scholarship committee. An award recipient will be chosen from the recommendations submitted by NWHSFF judges.
- WHEN: Submit the application no later than one week following the deadline for film submissions to the NWHS Film Festival.
$5,000 – 10,000 scholarship award will be sent to the school/college to which the winning applicant has been accepted for film/tv/media studies.
3. Who is eligible?
Applicants must be graduating seniors from a Puget Sound area high school video/film production program. Applicants must win an award at this year’s Northwest High School Film Festival, have been accepted to a college or university for advanced studies in film/tv/media productions, have a fantastic letter of recommendation from their high school film/tv/media teacher, and demonstrate financial need.